I have recently made a new acquaintance, someone my daughter knows from work, who has been kind enough to help with some of the more burly jobs in our garden in exchange for my daughter helping him with some garden work, and I offered to set up some flyers for him.
We have a number of leylandii needing to be removed as they really are getting out of hand and we also need a concrete base to be made for a greenhouse we have bought from a neighbour - so all in all he is doing us a huge favour.
Graham already had some business cards pre-printed using stock images so I based the design of the flyer very much on these... using the same colours, layout and fonts etc. The icons on the flyer have been recreated by myself so although they are not exactly the same they still tie-in quite nicely.
As there was a large amount of space on the cloud I thought it could really do with a little 'something'... so I have also set up a Facebook page
(creating as well the cover image and profile picture), and then added a Facebook logo and text in the cloud, which I think finishes it all off quite nicely!
Who knows, maybe I'll even set him up with a website too... watch this space!!
05/11/2013 - Update!!
Graham wasn't sure about having a Facebook presence so I have made a few adjustments to the flyer... Hopefully these are now ok and will soon make it to print.
Please please please share this. Miller is a really lovely lad, one of the nicest in our village. I know him and his mum personally, and I am absolutely devastated for her. It is unlikely he has left the UK but it could be someone else sees it who knows where he is. Please help bring him home xxx
I'm having this week off work as holiday. I'm not going away anywhere as I was planning on having a good sort out of things at home. Instead I found a scarf which I had started knitting a few years ago and had put aside unfinished, well I picked it up again and while watching a couple of films managed to get it finished... it's one of those soft fluffy yarns (like frayed ribbon) in a jewel bright pink and purple blend. It took just 4 x 50g, balls, cast on 35 in plain knitting, and I used large 9mm knitting needles so it has a light lacy feel.
I found another 4 balls in a blue and green blend so gonna knit that up today!
I also found up a ball of I-cording... I was planning to re-knit that up as a scarf (wow that would be seriously chunky) but I've decided instead to make some massive knitting needles from dowling and knit up a blanket!! That may take me some time.
There's going to be an open exhibition at a local gallery 8th - 26th September. An artist friend suggested I enter a couple of pieces and I have been much encouraged by my ceramics tutor Viv. Of course I'm only a beginner but I'm thinking it might be fun to see what other people think. The only trouble now is choosing which two pieces to submit!